Ever since Rocksteady had announced the latest Batman Arkham trilogy game, a lot of that time I was rather curious to know who the identity was of the mysterious figure called The Arkham Knight. I believed that they announced that Arkham Knight was an idea of their own but they didn’t state that the person underneath the pointy eared helmet was a DC character. So even though that the game was ment to be released this month, here’s who I think that Arkham Knight could be.
1. Jason Todd: Jason Todd is one of the DC characters that some people either like or hate. For me I like his character and I think that he could be a possible candidate for Arkham Knight. Since nothing is solidly confirmed about what happened to him in the Arkham series, since Nightwing is vaguely mentioned and they had Tim Drake in Arkham City, then Jason Todd could be likely to appear. Jason was also a really good antagonist in the Batman and Robin series during the time when Nightwing was under the cowl playing Batman and he was really awesome in that series so here hoping that there could be a possibility. But what is also apparent pre-order DLC this may seem unlikely that he is Arkham Knight.
2. Azrael: Being a rather encounter quest mission during the events of Arkham City, Azrael gave a message to Batman saying that dark times were coming to Gotham or something along that line. There could be the possibility that he is Arkham Knight because of a famous three arc series that DC did with Knightsend. This was a series when Azrael took over the mantle when Batman wasn’t able to do his duty after facing off against Bane. Azrael then started to tarnish Batman’s reputation and then this caused Batman to take down Azrael. The possibility of this could be rather slim but I do have a feeling that we could see Azrael in the game.
3. Hush: For me during the Arkham City game I found the outcome to the Hush mission rather disappointing. It only came to a point that was similar to a story that developed in the comics around the time when Batman was killed (actually shot through time by Darksied) where Hush was being a duplicate of Bruce Wayne. I think that Hush may have another role but affecting Bruce Wayne more than what revolving around the Arkham Knight story.
4. Damien Wayne: This could be coming out of complete right field but what if Damien Wayne could be Arkham Knight. There’s no solid proof that Batman has a son in this universe, but there could be possibilities since there was evidence that Batman and Talia had something in the past if you look into depth during the scenes that happen with Talia in the game. Even though anything is possible this could be a possibility but again it could be might not be.
For the next three guesses these are the ones that I think may have more merit to be the real identity of Arkham Knight
5. Prometheus: The reasons why I think that I think that Prometheus could be the identity of Arkham Knight goes down two a couple of simple things. One, Prometheus was an Easter egg in Arkham Asylum where there was a wanted poster for him in one of the rooms. Two, Prometheus was trained to be a fighter that was compared to Batman like qualities. Finally the costume design for Arkham Knight does resemble Prometheus rather well. So from these three I think that this could be one that I may put my money on.
6. Amadeus Arkham: This could be a wild stab in the dark but it could be possibility that not Amadeus Arkham himself is behind the cowl but the person that his spirit may have passed to. One of the main reason I think is that the fact that Amadeus was the originator of Arkham Asylum and with the fact that there is a large Arkham sign on the chest of Arkham Knight that signifies that he is of Arkham Asylum origin. I think that this is another stab in the dark.
7. The Joker: Yes as people do know that The Joker did die in the events of Arkham City, this does not mean though that he is actually dead. From the history of comics it has been proven that even death cannot stop a character from returning from the grave. The reasons that I think that Joker could be Arkham Knight are because he does have a lot of ties to Arkham. The second is the discovery of a Lazarus Pit underneath Gotham City. Even though that it looked like that it got destroyed in the fight and aftermath with Clayface, there could have been some people who may have tried to tidy up and restore the pit back to its old ways and used it to resurrect the Joker, and proven with people like Rah’s al Ghul and Jason Todd and has the ability to even enhance the powers of a person, so again with the likes of Amadeus it could be a shot in the dark, but remember Black Mask in Arkham Origins.
8. Batmen from Different Dimensions: This is possibly one of the more crazier sounding ideas that I’ve had when I coming up with a shortlist of possible suspects for the identity of Arkham Knight and there could be a Batman from a different dimension. There are possible people that could be this like one of the Batmen from Earth 2 or even Owlman from Earth-3 being one of the people that have been brought back into continuum from Forever Evil, but I could be wrong since I stopped reading half way through that series. But still a Batman from a different universe could be plausible since they would have a possible motive and the moves to go toe to toe with Batman.
9 A New Character: It always been the way that either a show or a comic would bring in a new character to either act as a hero, sidekick, villain or even a run of the mill character that could be a helper. Two cases for this is Harley Quinn, a character that was brought in through the Batman Animated Series where she was brought in as a supporting character to The Joker where they developed a relationship with has lasted years, on and off. She has grown her reputation over the many years which have given different scenarios and been put in a team with other serial killers, most recently the Suicide Squad, and also a possibility that she could even have a role in Arrow after a small cameo appearance in the show. Another character is Terry McGuiness who became the Batman of the Future, he too has had his popularity grow over the many years and even now being brought in to the current canon of the DC Universe as well as to appear in the upcoming LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham as a DLC package. So there could be a possibility that Arkham Knight could be a very fresh character that could end up starting off his own series in the years to come.
But with seven months or so between now and Arkham Knight speculation is still in the air on who the identity could be of the Arkham Knight, but none the less I am rather excited about this game.